The Oregon Lottery is a leader in the gaming industry and an important contributor of revenue for the state’s schools, parks, watershed restoration, veteran’ programs and outdoor schools. We are looking for a Sr. Service Desk Analyst to provide technical support and customer service for Lottery employees requiring assistance with technology solutions including PC's, phones, printers, application software and mobile devices in a diverse enterprise environment.
Applicants should ensure that their e-mail settings will receive e-mail from the iCIMS system, otherwise you could miss critical communications related to the recruitment. Emails may be delivered to your Junk or Spam email boxes. We will communicate via e-mail to schedule interviews and to notify you of the status of your application. Failure to respond to our scheduling e-mails will result in no further consideration.
If you are claiming Veteran's preference, you MUST attach the appropriate documentation at the time of application. If the correct documents are not uploaded to the system, Veteran's preference will not be applied.
Veterans: Submit appropriate member copy of DD214/215.
Disabled Veterans: Submit appropriate member copy of DD214/215 and a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) indicating a service connected disability rating.
This position works in a shared role to operate the IT Service Desk, providing technical support and customer service for Lottery employees requiring assistance with technology solutions including PC’s, phones, printers, application software and mobile devices in a diverse enterprise environment. This team utilizes standard tools and processes to assign, escalate, monitor and track incidents, problems, service, and change requests. In addition, the Senior Service Desk Analyst supports various IT programs and projects to assist with implementing new IT infrastructure or application enhancements.
This position works both independently and as part of a team to support all Lottery employees with IT technology solutions. The position exercises independent judgment and provides leadership to other team members and Lottery staff. This position may participate as a team member on project teams to support Lottery projects and technology objectives. Work is guided by and decisions are made within Oregon Revised Statutes, administrative rules, Lottery policy and procedures, security requirements, standard purchasing practices, best practices standards, contracting rules, and existing vendor contracts.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. *Work in a shared role as a member of the service desk team to provide services to Lottery customers.
Interface with Lottery employees contacting the IT Service Desk to report problems or initiate standard change or service requests. Assign incidents, problems, service, and change requests to IT staff per established guidelines. Prioritize, monitor, and track service desk tickets. Participate in efforts to formalize and document related incidents, problems and change management processes. Provide technical guidance and training for Lottery employees on the use of workstations, application software and mobile device technology. Represent the Lottery as a technical resource to vendors.
2. *Install, configure, analyze, and troubleshoot Lottery hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
Work with Lottery employees to deploy new hardware, software, and peripheral equipment per the established standards and procedures. Work on common incidents and problems assigned directly to the Service Desk team (desktop, notebook PC’s, peripherals, mobile devices, telephones, first-level software support). Escalate more complex problems to senior technical staff on the infrastructure or applications teams.
3. *Create documentation.
Maintain and develop procedures and technical documentation related to Service Desk processes and computer support.
4. *Maintain asset information.
Update and maintain IT asset inventory information related to desktop and notebook PC’s, mobile devices and peripherals. Assist in the Lottery’s software license tracking database update and perform associated license reviews using centralized application and workstation management tools.
5. *Ensure security system requirements are met.
Work with the senior systems security administrator to implement necessary controls to meet established workstation and application security requirements. Assist in providing guidance to Lottery employees on workstation and mobile device security standards as part of an on-going security awareness program.
6. *Maintain knowledge of functional areas.
Maintain knowledge of new and current technology to assist in solving a variety of business-related issues, applying a wide application of technology and approaches. Develop skills and knowledge related to Service Desk practices, infrastructure and application technologies and security controls. Provide input to senior technical staff and management as needed to assist in preparing IT’s budget and project initiatives.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Senior Service Desk Analyst interacts with all levels of Lottery staff, vendors, and customers, to maintain Lottery hardware and software technology. This is done in person, by telephone, or through electronic and written communication.
The work is performed in an office environment with occasional travel required for job related purposes. Appropriate business attire is required. Required to move up to 30 pounds of equipment. Requires the ability to occasionally work extended hours, evenings, and weekends.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; OR
Three (3) years of Information Technology experience performing technical support and/or Service Desk functions.
• Experience performing IT Service Desk and technical support functions in an enterprise environment.
• Strong customer service skills and phone support skills.
• Demonstrated skill in effective written and verbal communication.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with IT service management best practices.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with information security controls and best practices.
• Experience with Service Desk tools and processes.
• Experience with Operating systems (Windows XP Professional, Windows 7 Pro, & Macintosh).
• Experience with software application support (Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook, PC security applications, etc.).
• Experience with workstation/application management tools (SCCM, imaging utilities, Microsoft installer, etc.).
• Experience with Telephone support (IP phones and applications).
• Experience with mobile devices (Smart Phones, Aircards, cell phones, etc.).
• Experience with Directory services (Active Directory, etc.).
• Experience and understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP Protocols).
• Experience developing and maintaining procedures and technical documentation.
• Experience and knowledge with IT project management methodologies and best practices.
• Demonstrated skill effectively performing multiple and diversified tasks while working with conflicting priorities; and meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated skill to comply with, understand, apply and explain provisions of laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards, and guidelines governing agency or program operations.
• Demonstrated skill to identify, anticipate, and resolve issues and problems that may adversely affect projects.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and work within specific Lottery operation rules, regulations and policies.
APPLY NOW!! Visit http://www.oregonlottery.org/jobs/
The results of this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
The Oregon Lottery® reserves the right to change, withdraw, close, or re-post job announcements as business needs dictate.
ORS 461.150 (5) states, "No person shall be employed by the state lottery who has been convicted of a felony or any gambling related offense." A background investigation is required prior to job offer which includes fingerprinting, criminal history, credit history (based on the position), tax records, driving record, affiliation with the gaming industry, and checking employment references and character references.
Lottery Ethics Policy prohibits employees from holding any legal or economic interest in the gaming industry. If you currently hold interest in the gaming industry this does not disqualify you from consideration in a position with the Lottery. If you are the successful applicant, you would need to dispose of the holdings prior to employment. (This does not apply to an investment in a mutual fund or a blind trust, or a time or demand deposit in a financial institution, shares in a credit union, the cash surrender value of life insurance, or American Indian tribal dividends.)
*Salary level will be based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. All employees and members of their immediate family, regardless of where they live, are prohibited-by-law from playing Oregon Lottery® games.
Pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act, persons with disabilities who believe they need reasonable accommodation, or help in order to apply for this position, may call 503-540-1315 or email email@example.com
Per ORS 408.225, 408.230, and 408.235 relating to Veterans Preference for public employment, to receive Veterans Preference, include a copy of your DD214/DD215 and/or Veterans' disability preference letter (unless information is included in the DD214/DD215) with your application material.
THE OREGON LOTTERY® IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO WORKPLACE DIVERSITY.