The Oregon Lottery is a leader in the gaming industry and an important contributor of revenue for the state’s schools, parks, watershed restoration, veteran’ programs and outdoor schools. We are looking for a Cross-Channel Analyst to consult with stakeholders across Marketing, Product, and Retail Sales to define business data and requirements.
This job closes on September 28, 2018 at 5:00pm. APPLY TODAY!
Applicants should ensure that their e-mail settings will receive e-mail from the iCIMS system, otherwise you could miss critical communications related to the recruitment. Emails may be delivered to your Junk or Spam email boxes. We will communicate via e-mail to schedule interviews and to notify you of the status of your application. Failure to respond to our scheduling e-mails will result in no further consideration.
If you are claiming Veteran's preference, you MUST attach the appropriate documentation at the time of application. If the correct documents are not uploaded to the system, Veteran's preference will not be applied.
Veterans: Submit appropriate member copy of DD214/215.
Disabled Veterans: Submit appropriate member copy of DD214/215 and a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) indicating a service connected disability rating.
The Cross-Channel Analyst is responsible for consulting with internal Lottery stakeholders across Marketing, Product, and Retail Sales to assist Lottery in optimizing the impact of its digital and retail marketing efforts- along with optimizing future, online product performance - by leveraging cross-channel marketing and product data. The Cross-Channel Analyst will assist in: defining and implementing measurement strategies that align with client marketing and business objectives; and producing meaningful marketing KPI dashboards and delivering monthly, cross-channel performance reports with actionable insight. The role will also involve conducting conversion optimization consultancies, with the aim of improving efficiency in Lottery’s digital marketing strategies and increasing ROI.
This role requires a professional with demonstrated expertise in web and retail analytics, business consultation, data visualization and reporting, and in analyzing marketing and product performance across channels to optimize performance and capitalize on cross-channel synergies.
Day to day activities will include consulting with stakeholders to define requirements; collaborating with various marketing team members to help them make data-driven decisions regarding the strategy and execution of a variety of marketing tactics, including advertising campaigns, email and lead nurture campaigns, social media, paid (PPC) and organic (SEO) search, and more; compiling data from the Lottery’s digital platforms, data warehouse, and other sources; retrieving, monitoring, designing and reporting out on detailed analyses; and summarizing/interpreting results as part of narrative and graphical reports. The Cross-Channel Analyst will also collaborate closely with Research & Analytics colleagues to share insights and best practices.
This position works under general direction from the Research & Analytics Manager and requires the ability to work independently and in conjunction with other departments. Works within a highly collaborative Research & Analytics team environment, where analytics and market research professionals partner to deliver actionable insights and recommendations. The incumbent exercises judgment in the performance of complex data analysis and interpretation and provides written, verbal and graphic analyses of large data sets. Work is guided by professional standards for research and statistical analysis and is performed within the guidelines of Oregon Revised Statutes, Oregon Administrative Rules, Lottery policies and procedures, Lottery’s Annual Business Plan, and Lottery’s Annual Research & Analytics Plan.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. *As Assigned: Ongoing consultation with cross-functional stakeholders to define business questions; develop analysis and KPI programs; and lead reporting, visualization, and insights workshops.
Identify stakeholder objectives and advise on suitable measurement and reporting strategies. Liaise with Marketing, Sales, Product, Design, and Content teams to optimize customer experience and ensure brand consistency based on analytics. Partner with cross-functional teams to establish a robust analytic environment for efficient and effective analysis of digital experiences.
2. *As Assigned: Lead Contributor to Analytical Program Focused on Cross-Channel Optimization.
In partnership with colleagues in Research & Analytics team, along with advanced analytics vendors, use analytical skills to optimize business growth, brand impact, and customer engagement across digital and physical channels. Support the development of a comprehensive framework for decision making across multiple business channels ensuring a unified approach to customer experience. Unify reporting and attribution of media and support the growth of cross-channel optimization initiatives. Leverage insights from annual Sales Contribution Modeling advanced analytics project (similar to Marketing Mix Modeling). Analyze the effect of different online and offline channels on each other and consult on the development of innovative strategies for improvement and growth.
3. *As Assigned: Analysis, Testing, and Metrics.
In partnership with Senior Research Analyst-Retail and Digital Marketing team, provide insightful analysis across all marketing/product channels, including mobile, desktop, and in-store. Serve as the primary source for digital insights and testing, consulting, and collaborating with stakeholders on how best to achieve their objectives. Focus will be on using data to identify customer behaviors and business performance indicators, as well as formulating and validating hypotheses to inform the channel strategy. Use methodical performance analysis to make recommendations and support campaign strategies. Utilize advanced analytics to develop actionable insights that optimize cross-channel experience. Execute ad hoc analyses and synthesize inputs for inclusion in formal leadership presentations as required. Create and implement A/B testing plans across digital marketing activities and report on outcomes. Prepare and use data and best practices to make recommendations for stakeholders to optimize the customer journey across channels to maximize reach and sales growth. Analyze online user behavior, conversion data and customer journeys, funnel analysis and multi-channel attribution.
In collaboration with Research & Analytics Associate Manager, Senior Research Analyst-Retail, and Marketing teams define and implement measurement strategies that align with stakeholder marketing and business objectives; produce meaningful marketing KPI dashboards, and deliver cross-channel performance reports with actionable insight. Benchmark performance across channels and advise on KPIs.
4. *As Assigned: Maintain, optimize, and evolve reporting, visualizations, and presentations.
Evolve reporting to meet ever-growing business needs, using existing software and systems in place, but also identifying news ways of working to improve efficiency. Design and enhance digital metrics reporting, analysis, and recommendations to drive analytics evolution through new measurement approaches, data source connectivity, and technological advancement.
5. *As Assigned: Data / Quality Management.
Ensure accuracy and consistency of data across all dashboards, metrics, reporting, and analysis. Document methodology, definitions, and implementations of same.
6. Participate in special projects as assigned.
The Cross-Channel Analyst interacts by both written and verbal communication with Lottery management and staff, staff from other state lotteries, vendors, and the general public, to gather and provide information, answer questions, and respond to problems.
Work is usually conducted in an office environment. Some travel to retailer establishments is required to conduct research which may expose the incumbent to temperature extremes, loud music, belligerent language, threat of violence, and other hazards. Occasional working irregular hours, nights or weekends; travel for work related purposes; and driving at night, long distances or during inclement weather is required.
A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Marketing, Information Systems, Finance, or other closely related field with strong data analysis orientation and at least three (3) years of hands-on proficiency in the use of business analytics platforms such as Power BI or Tableau, along with proficiency using website optimization tools for A/B and multivariate testing, such as Optimizely, Maxymiser, or Google Website Optimizer also required. Experience must also include expertise in analyzing/interpreting results and consulting with stakeholders to turn insights into data-driven decisions. Relevant experience working for a digital gaming platform or content provider, such as mobile, video, sports, or online casino, a strong plus; AND
For Cross-Channel focused position – At least two (2) years of experience in multi-channel environment with a focus on conducting web analytics required.
• Demonstrated advanced skill in measuring and analyzing online marketing campaigns.
• Demonstrated advanced skill with campaign tracking and ROI-driven optimization.
• Demonstrated advanced skill in leveraging digital data to optimize online product offerings and marketing campaigns.
• Demonstrated advanced skill in working with databases, data warehouses, and large data sets; includes accessing data and generating reports based on a SQL database, including writing complex SQL queries.
• Demonstrated advanced skill in compiling, cleaning, transforming, and tabulating data.
• Demonstrated experience working with analytical software, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Adobe Analytics, SiteCatalyst, Coremetrics, etc.
• Demonstrated understanding of digital marketing best practices and social media marketing.
• Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to effectively break business questions into key components, identify appropriate data sources and methodology for analysis and translate findings into actionable insights
• Demonstrated skill in reporting data/results in tabular, graphic and/or narrative formats. Ability to provide verbal and written narrative summarizing and explaining results and conclusions.
• Demonstrated skill in the visualization of data and development of dashboards.
• Experience with statistical tools such as R, Python, or SPSS a plus.
• Highly proficient in Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to spend large amounts of time at a computer analyzing data.
• Demonstrated advanced skill in the use of spreadsheet software, including formulas, linkages and macros and in developing reports using software applications.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid understanding of statistics and data visualization methods and the ability to apply them in a business setting
• Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
• Ability to interact with colleagues and vendors and to work effectively on cross-departmental projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to teamwork and partnerships
• Experience with geospatial analytics software, such as ESRI ArcGIS or QGIS a plus
• Demonstrated ability to learn, understand, interpret and apply agency regulations, policies and procedures.
• A valid driver’s license or ability to provide acceptable alternative method of transportation.
The results of this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
The Oregon Lottery® reserves the right to change, withdraw, close, or re-post job announcements as business needs dictate.
ORS 461.150 (5) states, "No person shall be employed by the state lottery who has been convicted of a felony or any gambling related offense." A background investigation is required prior to job offer which includes fingerprinting, criminal history, credit history (based on the position), tax records, driving record, affiliation with the gaming industry, and checking employment references and character references.
Lottery Ethics Policy prohibits employees from holding any legal or economic interest in the gaming industry. If you currently hold interest in the gaming industry this does not disqualify you from consideration in a position with the Lottery. If you are the successful applicant, you would need to dispose of the holdings prior to employment. (This does not apply to an investment in a mutual fund or a blind trust, or a time or demand deposit in a financial institution, shares in a credit union, the cash surrender value of life insurance, or American Indian tribal dividends.)
*Salary level will be based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. All employees and members of their immediate family, regardless of where they live, are prohibited-by-law from playing Oregon Lottery® games.
Pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act, persons with disabilities who believe they need reasonable accommodation, or help in order to apply for this position, may call 503-540-1315 or email email@example.com
Per ORS 408.225, 408.230, and 408.235 relating to Veterans Preference for public employment, to receive Veterans Preference, include a copy of your DD214/DD215 and/or Veterans' disability preference letter (unless information is included in the DD214/DD215) with your application material.
THE OREGON LOTTERY® IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO WORKPLACE DIVERSITY.